UFC Vegas 49 went down tonight (Sat. February 26, 2022) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex facility and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Islam Makhachev and Bobby Green in a catchweight bout.
The co-headliner saw a bout between Wellington Turman and Misha Cirkunov. Ji Yeon Kim vs. Priscila Cachoeira, Arman Tsarukyan vs. Joel Alvarez, and Armen Petrosyan vs. Gregory Rodrigues finished out the main card.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC Vegas 49 results below:
Armen Petrosyan vs. Gregory Rodrigues
Rodrigues got cracked right out of the gate, but kept upright. Gregory was pushing forward while Amen circled and tried to mix in some leg kicks.
At the start of the second round, Gregory landed three big strikes that wobbled his opponent. While Amen tried to separate, Gregory was bullying him up against the fence with strikes and not letting him get any distance. Amen was bleeding from his nose. Amen did clip him with a left hook. Gregory was tighter in this frame as Amen let his hands go. Gregory took him down late in the round. Amen was quick to get back to his feet.
In the third round, Gregory caught him with a head kick then took him down and rolled into an armbar, but Armen got out of it. Gregory got his back and went for the rear-naked choke, but couldn’t get it. Armen back to his feet. Amen swung to the finish. Armen got the win.
Arman Tsarukyan vs. Joel Alvarez
Arman took him down in a wild way and got into full guard. Joel got busted open badly and was bleeding all over the place. The cut was right between the eyes. An elbow sliced him open, but the fight continued.
The second round saw Arman get a takedown right away. Arman got in side control and rained down big elbows. Arman got his back and rained down strikes. The fight was stopped.
Ji Yeon Kim vs. Priscila Cachoeira
The first round was slow at the start. They had a nice exchange in the middle of the frame.
The second round saw Cachoeira push forward and look for big shots while Ji was counter striking. Cachoeira did connect with a superman punch. Cachoeira peppered her up against the fence. The two fighters just started throwing hands to end the frame.
The start of the third round saw Cachoeira throw bombs until Ji fired back. This was a straight up brawl. Ji was busted open with an elbow so she started throwing them herself. Cachoeira got the decision win.
Wellington Turman vs. Misha Cirkunov
Turman clinched with him right away and jumped on his back while up against the cage. In this spot, he worked for a guillotine choke, but Misha defended it well while caring the body weight of his opponent. Turman had the choke, but Misha shook him off and Turman landed on his back with Misha landing big shots. Misha went for a d’arce choke, but let go of it.
The second round opened with them clinching then Misha got a takedown into full guard. Turman got the armbar win out of nowhere.
Islam Makhachev vs. Bobby Green
Islam worked for a takedown and got it within two minutes. Makhachev in side mount raining down some strikes. He moved to full mount then got his back before flattening him out and rained down strikes for the TKO win.
Quick UFC Vegas 49 Results
Preliminary Card (4 PM ET, ESPN+)
- Flyweight bout: Carlos Hernandez def. Victor Altamirano via split decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
- Welterweight bout: Ramiz Brahimaj def. Micheal Gillmore via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:02
- Featherweight bout: Jonathan Martinez def. Alejandro Perez via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Lightweight bout: Terrance McKinney def. Fares Ziam via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:11
- Women’s featherweight bout: Josiane Nunes def. Ramona Pascual via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Lightweight bout: Ignacio Bahamondes def. Rong Zhu via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 3, 1:40
Main Card (7 PM ET, ESPN+)
- Middleweight bout: Armen Petrosyan def. Gregory Rodrigues via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
- Lightweight bout: Arman Tsarukyan def. Joel Alvarez via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 1:57
- Women’s flyweight bout: Priscila Cachoeira def. Ji Yeon Kim via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Middleweight bout: Wellington Turman def. Misha Cirkunov via submission (armbar) – Round 2, 1:29
- Catchweight bout: Islam Makhachev def. Bobby Green via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:23