The following article was published on this day three years ago. It is presented to you in its original, unaltered form, courtesy of The MMA News Archives.
[ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED APRIL 2, 2019, 12:05 PM]
Author: Fernando Quiles Jr.
Khabib Nurmagomedov isn’t sold on Conor McGregor’s retirement announcement.
McGregor recently said he was walking away from mixed martial arts competition. The “Notorious” one had claimed he’d retire before only to defeat Nate Diaz in their rematch a few months later. McGregor’s suspension under the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) ends this month and he had been in talks with the UFC for a July return before making his announcement.
Khabib Has Interesting Comparison For McGregor
Nurmagomedov recently spoke to students in a Moscow university. He addressed McGregor’s retirement announcement (via Denis Geyko):
“Conor acts like a jealous wife, who says ‘I will leave’ all the time but then comes back.”
“No, I think there’s some things that Conor wants and I think that Conor wants to get together face to face, he and I, and we probably will in the next couple of weeks and we’ll get this thing figured out.”
McGregor is reportedly under investigation in Ireland for sexual assault. McGregor’s team calls the situation a rumor and insist it had nothing to do with the retirement announcement.
Do you think Conor McGregor will make his return to the Octagon?