In addition to the two UFC events on Saturday, UFC Fight Night 99: Mousasi vs. Hall 2 and UFC Fight Night 100: Bader vs. Nogueira 2 in Belfast, Northern Ireland and Sao Paulo, Brazil respectively, Bellator MMA held an event with one of their stronger main events in recent memory, as Bellator 165: Chandler vs. Henderson took place live from the SAP Center in San Jose, California with former UFC Lightweight Champion and WEC Lightweight Champion Benson “Smooth” Henderson challenging Bellator’s reigning Lightweight Champion Michael Chandler for the 155-pound title.
In additiion to the Henderson-Chandler headline attraction, Bellator 165 also featured what many consider to be not only Bellator’s best up-and-coming future star fighter, but the guy that many fight fans feel is one of the top overall prospects in the entire sport right now, as Michael Venom Page (“MVP”) made his return to the Bellator cage to take on MMA veteran Fernando Gonzalez in the co-main event of the evening.
Below are quick-match results of the Bellator 165: Chandler vs. Henderson event, which aired live on Spike TV.
Main Card (Spike at 9 p.m. ET)
– Michael Chandler def. Benson Henderson via split decision (48-46, 46-48, 48-47)
– Michael Page def. Fernando Gonzalez via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)
– Linton Vassell def. Francis Carmont via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-25)
– Adam Piccolotti def. Brandon Girtz via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
– Keri Anne Melendez def. Sheila Padilla via KO (punches) at :47 of R1
Undercard (Spike.com 6 p.m. ET)
– Aaron Hamilton def. Kevin Ferguson Jr via submission (guillotine choke) at 3:00 of R2
– Carrington Banks def. Jake Roberts via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
– James Terry def. Justin Baesman via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26 x2)
– Dominic Sumner def. Justin Roswell via first-round TKO (2:09)
– Dwight Grant def. Danasabe Mohammed via unanimous decision (30-26 x3)