Following the announcement that he has signed with the UFC, MMA fans around the world are wondering who CM Punk will be matched up against first inside the Octagon. According to Punk’s friend, Chael Sonnen, the decision has likely already been made.
In speaking with the folks at MMAMania.com, Sonnen mentioned that he has a “pretty good idea who the opponent is.”
“I have a pretty good idea who his opponent is,” said Punk. “I’m going to keep that close to the vest. It would not make sense to give him a bottom-tier guy.”
Not only is it not a “bottom-tier guy,” but according to Sonnen, when the opponent is finally revealed — we will all know who he is.
Sonnen continued, “Well, he is not a bottom-tier guy, I can tell you that. You will know who he is and he will be a pretty-heavy favorite to win. Punk is not going to come in as the favorite.”
OTHER CM PUNK LINKS:
– VIDEO: In-Depth, 20 Minute Backstage Interview With CM Punk Covering Everything
– VIDEO: CM Punk Makes UFC Signing Announcement With Joe Rogan
– VIDEO: CM Punk On The UFC 181 Post-Show On FOX Sports 1
– VIDEO: CM Punk Press Conference With Reporters After UFC 181
– PHOTOS: CM Punk & His Wife, WWE Diva AJ Lee Backstage At UFC 181
– Details On CM Punk’s UFC Debut, His Competition & More
– Phil Baroni Threatens To Break “Whiney B*tch” CM Punk’s Neck
– Rener Gracie Talks About CM Punk’s Chances In An MMA Fight
– VIDEO: CM Punk Shows Off His MMA Skills