As far as CM Punk’s UFC debut is concerned, the plan as of right now is for Punk and his coaches to meet with UFC officials around July to determine where he stands. At that point, the decision is expected to be made as far as when he will fight and what caliber of opponent he will fight in his Octagon debut.
As noted recently, Punk fought a MMA scrimmage bout last week at the Roufusport gym in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, something that is said to be more commonplace in his training as of late.
The word going around is that Punk’s training has picked up to the point that he is doing more live training with other fighters, as opposed to just skill drills. The extensive training has resulted in him dropping a lot of weight, so much so that the current belief is that he will in fact be fighting at Welterweight (170 pounds) in the UFC, as opposed to Middleweight (185 pounds) as originally believed.
Punk recently made a public appearance in his hometown of Chicago and had a camera crew on hand filming him for a documentary. The belief is that the documentary will air on FOX Sports 1 or UFC Fight Pass prior to his Octagon debut and will promote his transition from pro wrestler to UFC fighter.
Punk will be walking his Roufusport teammate, UFC Lightweight Champion Anthony Pettis, to the Octagon this coming Saturday night at UFC 185, where Pettis will be defending his title against Rafael dos Anjos in the main event of the evening.
Make sure to join us here at MMANews.com on Saturday for the best UFC 185 live results coverage on the web.
Other MMANews.com Links:
– Photos & Video: Ronda Rousey In Sports Illustrated’s Swimsuit Issue
– Miesha Tate Nude Photos Leak, Being Sold Online
– Duke Roufus: “CM Punk Would Have Lost Scrimmage Bout If Judges Scored It”
– Ronda Rousey: “I Could Beat 100% Of UFC’s Male Bantamweight Fighters
– Top UFC Executive Quits After Backstage Incident With Ronda Rousey’s Camp
– Ronda Rousey’s Mom Takes A Shot At Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino
– Video: Dana White Talks About Brock Lesnar Possibly Returning To UFC
– Video: Jon Jones, Anthony Johnson Prank Dana White With Fake Brawl
– UFC Octagon Girl Arianny Celeste Calls Ronda Rousey A “Bully,” Rousey Responds
– Video: Former UFC Fighter Posts Clip Of Brutal Challenge Match In His Gym