Tonight (Sat. December 1, 2018) one of the biggest boxing matches in the heavyweight division’s recent memory went down. Undefeated knockout artist and WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder faced the stiffest competition of his career. He faced fellow undefeated star Tyson Fury from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.
Before Wilder and Fury went to war, however, a great undercard was put together for boxing fans. The card featured Jarrett Hurd, who defended his middleweight titles against Jason Welborn. Also, top heavyweight knockout artist Luis Ortiz returned to the ring against Travis Kauffman.
Check out MMA News’ coverage below:
- WBC Heavyweight Title: (C) Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury ends in split decision draw (115-111, 110-114, 113-113)
- WBA (Super), IBF, and IBO Light Middleweight Titles: (C) Jarrett Hurd def. Jason Welborn via R4 KO
- Strawweight: Mark Anthony Barriga vs. Carlos Licona
- Heavyweight: Luis Ortiz def. Travis Kauffman via R10 TKO
- Heavyweight: Joe Joyce def. Joe Hanks via R1 KO
- Super featherweight: Issac Lowe def. Lucas Rafael Baez R5 TKO
- Middleweight: Julian Williams def. Francisco Javier Castro via R2 TKO
- Welterweight: Robert Guerrero def. Adam Mate via R2 TKO
- Heavyweight: Chris Arreola vs. Maurenzo Smith