The UFC will be kicking off their broadcast deal with ESPN next week (Sat. January 19, 2019). UFC on ESPN+ 1 will go down from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. In the main event, UFC bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw will be challenging Henry Cejudo for the 125-pound title. However, in the past few weeks, the Brooklyn card has been hit hard by injury woes.
Glover Teixeira will now be facing Karl Roberson after an injury to Ion Cutelaba. Randy Brown is now out of his fight against Chance Rencountre. And a fight that was initially set to be former 135-pound champion Dominick Cruz vs. John Lineker has now turned into Cory Sandhagen vs. Mario Bautista. Cruz initially pulled out citing an injury that will likely keep him sidelined for a year.
Now, Lineker has been pulled from the card due to an unknown injury. “Hands Of Stone” took to Twitter and issued out an apology to fans for missing the card. Here’s what the Brazilian had to say:
“I thank ATT, family, friends and fans of “ Hands of Stone” s work. I hope to be rescheduled soon so that I can put on another show for the all my fans.”
I am sorry I wont be fighting on the upcoming jan 19th card.
I thank ATT, family, friends and fans of “ Hands of Stone” s work. I hope to be rescheduled soon so that I can put on another show for the all my fans. pic.twitter.com/KA8BsXykz7
— John Lineker (@johnlineker) January 12, 2019
Check out the updated card for UFC on ESPN+ 1 here:
- (C) Henry Cejudo vs. T.J. Dillashaw
- Greg Hardy vs. Allen Crowder
- Gregor Gillespie vs. Yancy Medeiros
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Dustin Ortiz
- Paige VanZant vs. Rachael Ostovich
- Glover Teixeira vs. Karl Roberson
- Donald Cerrone vs. Alexander Hernandez
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Ariane Lipski
- Alonzo Menifield vs. Vinicius Castro
- Cory Sandhagen vs. Mario Bautista
- Dennis Bermudez vs. Te Edwards
- Belal Muhammad vs. Geoff Neal
- Chance Rencountre vs. TBD
What do you think of all the injury woes UFC on ESPN+ 1 has seen?