UFC 250 went down tonight (Sat. June 6, 2020) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC APEX and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Amanda Nunes and Felicia Spencer for the UFC women’s featherweight title.
The co-headliner saw a bantamweight showdown between Raphael Assuncao and Cody Garbrandt.
Aljamain Sterling vs Cory Sandhagen in a bantamweight bout, Neil Magny vs Anthony Rocco Martin in a welterweight bout, and Eddie Wineland vs Sean O’Malley in a bantamweight fight rounded out the main card.
Amanda Nunes vs. Felicia Spencer
Spencer came out and rushed into the clinch but got caught and there was redness around her right eye as a result. Nunes started to land some big shots but Spencer ate them well. Spencer went for a takedown but Nunes ended up being the one to score the takedown. Spencer tried to get up but Nunes kept her down and landed some elbow strikes, which cut open Spencer on her hairline. Spencer had a hard time with getting inside because Nunes made her pay due to her rane with strikes. Spencer went for a takedown but it was Nunes to do it to her. Nunes let her up. Nunes rocked her in the third round but Spencer lost her mouthpiece and there was a brief stoppage that allowed Spencer to recover. Nunes completely took over in the third round and even started to throw head kicks. The one-sided beatdown by Nunes continued. At the end of the fourth round, Nunes rocked her badly and even locked in the rear-naked choke but the bell sounded. The fifth round featured more of the same. Nunes got the unanimous decision win.
Raphael Assuncao vs. Cody Garbrandt
Cody was sharp and calm in the early going while Assuncao was trying to find an angle, but found this difficult as he couldn’t find the range, which allowed Cody to have the edge. Assuncao mixed up his strikes with kicks. As the second round was about to sound, Cody landed a major league right hook for the win.
Aljamain Sterling vs. Cory Sandhagen
Sterling clinched with him up against the fence and got on his back where he worked for a rear-naked choke while landing strikes then got the choke and Sandhagen tapped.
Neil Magny vs. Anthony Rocco Martin
Martin clinched with him up against the fence to start off the fight and did so for the majority of the first round. Magny was trying to separate and land short strikes while in the clinch. Magny was able to keep reach and use it to his advantage to not only avoid the clinch but also land some solid shots. Martin was back peddling in the second round. Martin went for a kimarua while standing but let go of it. Martin did tag him and get a takedown. The roles reversed in round three as Magny clinched while mixing up his strikes. The judges gave the win to Magny.
Eddie Wineland vs. Sean O’Malley
O’Malley isn’t paid by the hour as he slept Wineland with a nasty straight right and didn’t even follow up with shots.
Quick UFC 250 Results
MAIN CARD (PPV, 10 p.m. ET)
- Women’s featherweight title bout: Amanda Nunes def. Felicia Spencer by unanimous decision (50-44, 50-44, 50-45)
- Bantamweight bout: Cody Garbrandt def. Raphael Assuncao by knockout (punch) at 4:59 of Round 2
- Bantamweight bout: Aljamain Sterling def. Cory Sandhagen by submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:28 of Round 1
- Welterweight bout: Neil Magny def. Anthony Rocco Martin by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Bantamweight bout: Sean O’Malley def. Eddie Wineland by knockout (punch) at 1:54 of Round 1
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN/ESPN+, 8:00 p.m. ET)
- Featherweight bout: Alex Caceres def. Chase Hooper by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Middleweight bout: Ian Heinisch def. Gerald Meerschaert by TKO (punches) at 1:14 of Round 1
- Bantamweight bout: Cody Stamann def. Brian Kelleher by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Featherweight bout: Maki Pitolo def. Charles Byrd by TKO (punches) at 1:10 of Round 2
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN/ESPN+, 6:00 p.m. ET)
- Flyweight bout: lex Perez def. Jussier Formiga by TKO (leg kick) at 4:06 of Round 1
- Light heavyweight bout: Devin Clark def. Alonzo Menifield by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Lightweight bout: Herbert Burns def. Evan Dunham by submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:20 of Round 1