UFC Adelaide went down from the Adelaide Entertainment Centre in Adelaide, Australia tonight (Sat. December 1, 2018). In the main event, former UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos made his return to the Octagon. He faced rising heavyweight star Tai Tuivasa in front of his native Australian crowd.
Also, light heavyweight prospect Tyson Pedro competed in front of his fellow countrymen. He faced former UFC light heavyweight king Mauricio “Shogun” Rua. And, in potentially his last-ever fight in the UFC, Mark Hunt stepped into the Octagon against Justin Willis. MMA News provided coverage of UFC Adelaide throughout the night. Check out our coverage bellow:
- Heavyweight: Junior Dos Santos vs. Tai Tuivasa
Tuivasa comes in hard with a blitz but misses. “JDS” moves around but Tuivasa is really hunting hard. Tuivasa connects with an elbow on the inside, and “JDS” misses on the wheel kick. Tuivasa presses “JDS” against the cage but they soon separate. Another missed wheel kick from “JDS.” A big leg kick from Tuivasa stumbles “JDS,” and Tuivasa jumps the Brazilian for big strikes. A nice right-hand lands for Tuivasa and the round comes to an end.
Tuivasa is really coming hard with the power shots. “JDS” uncorks a huge shot that drops Tuivasa, and the Brazilian falls into side control and unloads some big ground-and-pound. Short elbows from “JDS” and he transitions to full mount. “JUDS” is landing some huge shots from the top, but Tuivasa is fighting back hard. However, the referee is having none of it, and waves it off.
Official Result: Junior dos Santos def. Tai Tuivasa via R2 TKO (punches, 2:30)
- Light heavyweight: Mauricio Rua def. Tyson Pedro via R3 TKO (punches, 0:43)
- Heavyweight: Justin Willis def. Mark Hunt via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Welterweight: Tony Martin def. Jake Matthews via R3 submission (anaconda choke, 1:19)
- Featherweight: Sodiq Yusuff def. Suman Mokhtarian via R1 TKO (punches, 2:14)
- Light heavyweight: Jim Crute def. Paul Craig via R3 submission (kimura, 4:51)
- Welterweight: Alexey Kunchenko def. Yushin Okami via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
- Flyweight: Wilson Reis def. Ben Nguyen via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Welterweight: Keita Nakamura def. Salim Touahri via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
- Flyweight: Kai Kara France def. Elias Garcia via unanimous decision (30-25, 30-25, 30-26)
UFC Fight Pass Exclusive Prelims:
- Lightweight: Christos Giagos def. Mizuto Hirota via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-27, 30-28)
- Lightweight: Damir Ismagulov def. Alex Gorgees via unanimous decision (30-25, 30-26, 30-26)