UFC Brasilia went down tonight (Saturday, March 14, 2020) from the Ginasio Nilson Nelson in Brasilia, Brazil and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Kevin Lee and Charles Oliveira in a lightweight bout. In the co-headliner, Demian Maia vs. Gilbert Burns in a welterweight bout took place.
Rounding out the five bout main card is Renato Moicano vs. Damir Hadzovic in a lightweight bout, Johnny Walker vs. Nikita Krylov in a light heavyweight bout, and Francisco Trinaldo vs. John Makdessi in a lightweight showdown.
Kevin Lee vs. Charles Oliveira
Oliveira was able to catch him with a front kick to the face of Lee then moments later scoring a takedown. Oliveira went for a heel hook but Lee got out of it Lee scrambled to get on top while Oliveira thought about various submissions. The second round saw Lee score a takedown as he ate a knee strike. Lee got on top and stayed there. In the third round, Lee went for a takedown but Oliveira managed to get a guillotine choke and Lee tapped although Lee disputed it.
Demian Maia vs. Gilbert Burns
Maia was able to secure a takedown in the first round and eventually got his back before going to full mount but Burns escaped and got to his feet. Burns dropped him with a left hook and finished him off with follow up strikes.
Renato Moicano vs. Damir Hadzovic
Moicano came out and got his back right away then locked in the rear-naked choke for the finish inside of a minute.
Johnny Walker vs. Nikita Krylov
Both fighters came out in round one aggressive and Walter went for a flying knee strike but missed. Krylov put him up against the fence and got a takedown. Krylov came out and scored a takedown yet again in round two where he was putting on a beating. Walker managed to use the cage to his advantage and get on top where he landed some big shots. Krylov went for a takedown in the third round but it was Walker who fell on top of him. However, Krylov managed to get top position once again. In the end, the judges gave the win to Krylov.
Francisco Trinaldo vs. John Makdessi
Trinaldo was putting on heavy pressure on his opponent in the early going. It was a nice boxing bout with Makdessi back peddling. Trinaldo landed a flurry to end the first round. This style played out for the rest of the fight. Makdessi was trying to get inside and started mixing things up with kicks. In the end, it was Trinaldo getting his hand raised by decision.
Quick UFC Brasilia Results
Main Card (6 PM ET, ESPN/ESPN+)
- Lightweight: Charles Oliveira def. Kevin Lee by submission (guillotine choke) at :28 of Round 3
- Welterweight: Gilbert Burns def. Demian Maia by TKO (punches) at 2:34 of Round 1
- Lightweight: Renato Moicano def. Damir Hadzovic by submission (rear-naked choke) at :44 of Round 1
- Light heavyweight: Nikita Krylov def. Johnny Walker by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Lightweight: Francisco Trinaldo def. John Makdessi by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
Preliminary Card (3 PM ET, ESPN+)
- Flyweight: Brandon Moreno def. Jussier Formiga by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Strawweight: Amanda Ribas def. Randa Markos by unanimous decision (30-26, 30-25, 30-25)
- Welterweight: Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos def. Aleksei Kunchenko by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Bantamweight: Rani Yahya vs. Enrique Barzola declared a majority draw (28-29, 28-28, 28-28)
- Flyweight: Maryna Moroz def. Mayra Bueno Silva by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Flyweight: David Dvorak def. Bruno Silva by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Bantamweight: Bea Malecki def. Veronica Macedo by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)