Tonight (Sat. November 10, 2018) UFC Fight Night 139 goes down from the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado. The show is headlined by a featherweight match-up between “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung and Yair Rodriguez. Also, an interesting fight between welterweights Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone and Mike Perry will co-headline the card.
Former UFC women’s bantamweight title challenger Raquel Pennington will face ex-145-pound champion Germaine de Randamie. There are several other great fights on the UFC’s 25th Anniversary card. Check out the full card, along with MMA News’ UFC Denver results, here below. Also, be sure to follow along with us on Twitter @mmanews_com:
- Featherweight: Chan Sung Jung vs. Yair Rodriguez
Round 1: Rodriguez and Jung exchange hard leg kicks early on. Junge landed some good shots while in the clinch with uppercuts. Front kick from Rodriguez and Jung with a long right hand. Jung showing the advantage inside, Rodriguez with the advantage out at range. Jung catches him leaping in and got off balanced. Jung tries to swarm but can’t land clean.
Round 2: Jung clinches with him up against the fence early in the fight. Fight restarts and Jung lunges inside with a combo. Rodriguez with a left hand and Jung with a sharp right hand. Jung clinches up to throw knees and drops for a takedown but Rodriguez tosses him away. Rodriguez with an elbow that cuts Jung open.
Round 3: Jung with a right hand and a 1-2 behind it. Rodriguez with a couple hard body kicks. Yair’s output isn’t that high even if those body kicks seem crushing. Combo from Jung stumbles Rodriguez back. More body kicks from Rodriguez and Jung chasing Yair down. Rodriguez with a nice jab and another. Rodriguez tries an imanari roll, but immediately stands out of it to land a snapping front kick.
Round 4: Yair with a nice counter out of the gate. Jung storms forward with a couple hard uppercuts that have Yair ducking away. Both fighters were quite bloody. Yair lands a body kick as Jung fires single long shots. Jung eats a leg kick and his leg buckles briefly. Yair ate a low blow in the exchange apparently but the referee didn’t call it. Yair with a body kick and a imanari roll to a trip to get Jung down briefly.
Round 5: Jung storming forward again to start the round. Jung with a lunging right hand and 1-2 counter after Yair lands a right. Yair trying to be slick but the lack of defensive fundamentals shows while defending. Rodriguez sleeps Zombie in the closing seconds with an elbow. This is how the fight ended at the buzzard. Rodriguez got the KO win.
Yair Rodriguez def. Chan Sung Jung via R5 KO (4:59, elbow)
- Welterweight: Donald Cerrone def. Mike Perry via R1 submission (4:46, armbar)
- Women’s catchweight (138 pounds): Germaine de Randamie def. Raquel Pennington via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Lightweight: Beneil Dariush def. Thiago Moises via unanimous decision (30-25, 30-26, 30-26)
- Women’s strawweight: Maycee Barber def. Hannah Cifers via RD 2 TKO (2:01, strikes)
- Lightweight: Mike Trizano def. Luis Peña via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Women’s strawweight: Ashley Yoder def. Amanda Bobby Cooper via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)
- Featherweight: Bobby Moffett def. Chas Skelly via RD 2 submission (2:43, d’arce choke)
- Lightweight: Davi Ramos def. John Gunther via RD 1 submission (1:57, rear-naked choke)
- Lightweight: Devonte Smith def. Julian Erosa via RD 1 KO (0:46)
UFC Fight Pass Exclusive Prelims:
- Flyweight: Eric Shelton def. Joseph Morales via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 30-27)
- Bantamweight: Mark de la Rosa def. Joby Sanchez via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)