UFC Raleigh went down tonight (Saturday, January 25, 2020) from the PNC Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
In the co-headliner, Michael Chiesa vs. Rafael dos Anjos in a welterweight showdown took place.
Jordan Espinosa vs. Alex Perez in a flyweight bout, Hannah Cifers vs. Angela Hill in a women’s strawweight bout, and Jamahal Hill vs. Darko Stosic in a light heavyweight bout rounded out the five bout main card.
Curtis Blaydes vs. Junior dos Santos
JDS stuffed an early takedown defense but also tagged him with a straight right. Blaydes clinched with him up against the fence and landed an illegal knee strike. In round two, Blaydes landed a crushing right hand before pouring it on with follow up strikes for the TKO win.
Michael Chiesa vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Chiesa managed to score a takedown and get back control but RDA rolled out. That didn’t stop Chiesa from raining down strikes and staying on him. In round 2, RDA did a nice job of clinch work and looking for takedowns but Cheisa managed to stay on his feet for the most part. RDA was lighting him up with leg kicks to try to slow down Chiesa’s forward pace. Chiesa scored a takedown in round three and controlled the majority of this extremely close fight. In the end, the judges gave the win to Chiesa by unanimous decision.
Jordan Espinosa vs. Alex Perez
Perez managed to score a takedown where he would get side control and got a submission win with arm-triangle choke in round one.
Hannah Cifers vs. Angela Hill
A slow first round with the two fighters exchanging strikes. In round 2, Hill managed to clinch with her and scored a takedown with a leg sweep that advanced her into side control on top. Hill started to rain down strikes and got to full mount where she rained down elbow strikes. Cifers was trying to buck her way out of the bad situation but was just getting beat up and the referee stopped it.
Jamahal Hill vs. Darko Stosic
Stosic came aggressive in round one and was throwing some big shots. Stosic shoved him down to the mat but Hill managed to get back up. Hill peppered him with jabs but Stosic answered with a big right hand to close it out. Hill had his hands down for most of the fight that allowed him to get caught. Stosic was able to land some takedowns in the latter part of the fight but couldn’t keep Hill down. Despite this, he did enough to get his hand raised after some bright moments for a decision win.
It’s certain to have a great night of fights from Raleigh, North Carolina. Check out MMA News’ UFC Raleigh results below:
Quick UFC Raleigh Results
Main Card (ESPN+/7:00 PM EST)
- Heavyweight bout: Curtis Blaydes def. Junior Dos Santos by TKO (strikes) at 1:06 of Round 2
- Welterweight bout: Michael Chiesa def. Rafael Dos Anjos by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Flyweight bout: Alex Perez def. Jordan Espinosa by submission (arm-triangle choke) at 2:33 of Round 1
- Women’s strawweight bout: Angela Hill def. Hannah Cifers by TKO (strikes) at 4:26 of Round 2
- Light heavyweight bout: Jamahal Hill def. Darko Stosic via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-27)
Preliminary Card (ESPN+/5:00 PM EST)
- Middleweight bout: Bevon Lewis def. Dequan Townsend via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Featherweight bout: Arnold Allen def. Nik Lentz by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Women’s flyweight bout: Justine Kish def. Lucie Pudilova by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27
- Bantamweight bout: Montel Jackson def. Felipe Colares by unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-25)
- Women’s bantamweight bout: Sara McMann def. Lina Lansberg by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-25)
- Bantamweight bout: Brett Johns def. Tony Gravely via R3 submission (rear-naked choke, 2:53)
- Featherweight bout: Herbert Burns def. Nate Landwehr by knockout (knee) at 2:43 of Round 1