UFC Rochester went down tonight (Sat. May 18, 2019) from the Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, New York. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy. It was headlined by a welterweight meeting between former lightweight title contenders Rafael dos Anjos and Kevin Lee.
Also, middleweights Ian Heinisch and Antonio Carlos Junior squared off. Megan Anderson returned at featherweight, taking on Felicia Spencer. And the trilogy bout between Nik Lentz and Charles Oliveira also took place on the card. It was a great night of fights from Rochester.
Check out MMA News’ UFC Rochester results below:
- Welterweight: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Kevin Lee
No time wasted from either man early on. Lee drops “RDA” early, but the Brazilian shoots up to his feet, only to be taken down. Lee tries to take the back, “RDA” gets to his feet against the cage and separates after eating some shots from Lee. Nice shots landing for Lee here. An uppercut from Lee and he shoots in an a takedown against the cage.
“RDA” defending a takedown with a kimura lock. Le adjusts position and goes in on a takedown again. Nice knee to the body from “RDA.” Dos Anjos falls after losing balance but gets back to his feet. Lee lands some big shots on “RDA,” including a hard knee to the body. Dos Anjos responding with some big shots now, and gets a nice takedown. Lee gets to his feet and goes in on a takedown to end the round.
Nice kick to the body lands for “RDA,” and Lee responds with a takedown attempt against the cage. Lee gets the takedown, but with a guillotine locked in from “RDA,” and Lee gets to his feet. Nice shots from “RDA” landing, and he goes in on a takedown against the cage with his arms wrapped around Lee’s hips.
Lee separates and they resume striking. A head-kick from Lee is just blocked by “RDA,” but Lee is pouring on the offense against the cage. Again Lee with the takedown attempt, but dos Anjos continues to defend with the Kimura threat. Lee lands some knees to the body before dropping down for a takedown again.
They separate and “RDA” is landing some big shots, but Lee responds with some big swings of his own before dropping in for a single leg attempt against the cage. The round comes to an end.
Flying knee from “RDA” to start the round. Lee with a body kick but he eats a straight left hand in return. Lee overextends on a hook and “RDA” gets a nice takedown with one of Lee’s arms trapped. Lee powers his way to his feet but “RDA” drops down for a takedown attempt against the cage. Lee defends nicely and nearly took “RDA’s” back, but he lost position.
Now “RDA” going for Lee’s back. Another takedown for “RDA” but Lee is seated against the cage. Back to his feet and Lee going for a takedown against the cage now. Lee finally gets the takedown but dos Anjos is already getting back to his knees. Another takedown for Lee but “RDA” scrambles beautifully and lands on top. Lee gets to his feet but eats some shots from “RDA” in the process. The round comes to an end.
Lee with a straight right and is throwing a front kick to the body. A nice left hook from “RDA.” An accidental low blow from Lee but the action resumes very quickly. “RDA” with a very nice 1-2 combo. A big leg kick takes Lee’s leg out from under him for a second, and Lee responds with one of his own. An explosive takedown attempt from Lee now, and they end up against the cage.
Body kick from Lee and “RDA” responds with a hook. Lee again in on a takedown against the cage. “RDA” defends nicely and Lee backs off for a body kick. Both men go in for a takedown at the same time and clash shoulders. Lee eats a body kick and goes for a takedown. Lee is left with nothing and “RDA” hops on him and gets full mount.
An arm triangle choke locks in for “RDA,” and Lee is forced to tap out. That’s a wrap.
Official Result: Rafael dos Anjos def. Kevin Lee via R4 submission (arm triangle choke, 3:47)
- Middleweight: Ian Heinisch def. Antonio Carlos Junior via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Women’s featherweight: Felicia Spencer def. Megan Anderson via R1 submission (rear-naked choke, 3:24)
- Welterweight: Vicente Luque def. Derrick Krantz via R1 TKO (punches, 3:52)
- Lightweight: Charles Oliveira def. Nik Lentz via R2 TKO (punches, 2:11)
- Lightweight: Davi Ramos def. Austin Hubbard via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Women’s bantamweight: Aspen Ladd def. Sijara Eubanks via unanimous decision (30-26, 29-27, 29-28)
- Lightweight: Desmond Green def. Charles Jourdain via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Welterweight: Michel Pereira def. Danny Roberts via R1 KO (flying knee and punch, 1:47)
- Featherweight: Grant Dawson def. Mike Trizano via R2 submission (rear-naked choke, 2:27)
- Light heavyweight: Ed Herman def. Patrick Cummins via R1 TKO (knee and punches, 3:39)
- Middleweight: Zak Cummings def. Trevin Giles via R3 submission (guillotine, 4:01)
- Featherweight: Julio Arce def. Julian Erosa via R3 KO (1:49, head kick and punches)
**Keep refreshing for live results**